This 7 page paper will be a culmination of what you have experienced and explored throughout your work on this project. Since everyone’s experience will be different, the content of the paper will vary for each student; however, there are two sections that everyone should include:
- Reflection on your Immersion Project:
a. Observation: What observational activity did you attend and what insight did it give you into your selected population?
b. Dialogue: How did you carry out your dialogue? Reflect on your experience and what insight it gave you into your selected population.
- Reaction and Critical Analysis of your experience: This section should incorporate your reflections on your experiences, what you learned about the group, what you learned about yourself, and how your perceptions of this group have changed over time.
Several areas to address in this section:
Description of the group
ii. Values/belief orientation
iii. Social interactions (relationships within and between group members)
iv. Religious/spiritual beliefs
v. Roles and expectations
vi. Language and communication
Immersion Project Dialogue Proposal
- How do you plan on conducting the dialogue, over multiple sessions or in one timing sitting?
For this dialogue, I will hold one with a selected individual, because I will able to gather the information in a timely manner rather going through multiple sessions.
- When do you expect to complete the dialogue?
The dialogue will be completed by the end of week six to provide me with enough time to process the information and prepare for submission.
- How does the person you intend to have the dialogue with fit the characteristics of the population you are studying?
I will study the LBGT community since I have friends and I work with African American adolescents who are gay. They all belong to one ethnic group. The individuals I intend to hold a dialogue with a two of friends and two adolescents I work with. I hope the individuals are able to with information during the session to assist with my pros pal.