Did number of saccades match the number of words for each line?
Generally, there are more words because we will lump smaller, easier words together. However, during difficult reading, saccades could increase as the mind takes longer to reads the words or even processes a word twice.
- did the amplitude continue to decrease with each successive swing cycle during pendulum tracking?
it decreases, yes during pendulum movement, as the pendulum swings its movement will decrease so as the eye follows it its swing shorten and the eye moves less and less until pendulum stops so the eye movement will stop.
- did the amplitude continue to decrease with each successive swing cycle during stimulated pendulum tracking?
the amplitude eventually started to decrease during stimulated. the subject is less consistent when imagined.
did the time interval (period) of each successive increase, decrease, or remain constant during pendulum movement?
the time interval of each successive swing cycle decrease because the pendulum each intervals is moving lesser and every swing decreasing the swing time
- did the time interval (period) of each successive swing cycle increase, decrease or remain constant during simulated movement?
the period interval decreased during stimulated movement. the subject visualize the pendulum swinging less so the frequency of swings would decrease because she would imagine shorter movements.
- Are the waveform shapes different between vertical tracking and simulated tracking data?
the relative speed of eye movement (slope) remained the same, the person moving the pen tried to move the pen at the same speed each time.
- do the cycle amplitudes increase decrease or remain constant during vertical tracking?
the amplitude slightly decrease during object movement. the amplitude was more constant. the object had a slight bigger range of motion at the end.
- do the cycle periods increase….during vertical tracking?
the cycle periods remained constant during the vertical tracking on decreasing a little.
- do the cycle period increase…..during simulated vertical tracking?
the cycle period remained constant. the frequency almost remained the same.
- are the waveform shapes different between tracking and simulated tracking data?
yes because during stimulated tracking the eye was jerking having complications trying to remain in a constant cycle without the actual pendulum. the waveform shape was flucuating instead of remaining in a smooth constant rate.
- did the number of saccades match the number of words for each line?
no the number of saccades is 7 and their is 9 words in each line. the same number of saccades were in each line of 9 words, it never changed
- is the average time interval between saccades different when reading and easy passage vs a challenging passage?
yes their were less time between saccades in the challenging passage because it was more difficult to read so the eye was trying to lock on on the words more before continuing the saccades from re-reading the same word.
- is the average time interval between saccades different when reading the same passage silently vs aloud?