In the health care field the acquisition of knowledge is important to improve patient care. The process of identifying, managing, and sharing this information is called knowledge management. For this assignment, read the Health Informatics: A Systems Perspective, Chapter 8 Case Study on pages 172-174, and create a strategy to leverage the knowledge base of the practice against the value of knowledge within the developing accountable care organization (ACO), Health Information Exchange (HIE), and Regional Health Information Organization (RHIO). In your paper:
- Differentiate between the role of an HIE and a RHIO.
- What are the implications of collaborating with an HIE and RHIO?
- Create a policy on who can access knowledge generated by the practice and how would it be used.
- Assess each of the five quality domains specified by the ACO mandate, and justify their inclusion or exclusion. What are the implications of each on the structure of the clinical process and on the information system that supports the process?
- Compare and contrast the differences between explicit, expressed, implicit, latent and tacit knowledge. What is the importance of each one?
- Distinguish between the two organizations in your response.