|Careers in Neuroscience|
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapter 1 in the text and review the required websites for the week including the NeuroJobs Career Center.
In your initial post, discuss a potential career path that interests you in an area of neuroscience and share your answers to the following questions with your classmates:
- Why does this career path or position interest you?
- What brain functions and neuroscience most interest you and why? Select one or more from the following list:
- Neurobiological theories that explain dysfunctions in vision, language, memory, emotion, and behavior networks
- Receptor and neurotransmitter theory in relation to behavior
- Laboratory studies of brain chemicals or structural abnormalities
- Disorders of language or visuospatial functioning
- Disorders of memory
- Disorders of development (e.g., attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
- Disorders of aging (e.g., Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia)
- What academic training is required?
- Are there additional requirements (clinical practicum, research background)?
- What types of employment opportunities are available in this a