Demographic and Epidemiological Assessment (graded)
For this post, you will collect assessment data about your city or county. This post will include information about demographics (general characteristics) and epidemiological data (disease or health behavior rates) of your community. This data collection will help with two sections of your Week 4 Milestone 2 assignment.
- Demographic data: Go online to the U.S. Census Bureau at http://quickfacts.census.gov/. Obtain information about the demographic characteristics of the population for your city or county of residence. You may have to look at county data if your city is not listed. Collect a range of demographic data about age, ethnicity, poverty levels, housing, and education.
- Epidemiological data: Go to your city or county health department website (search the Internet) or County Health Rankings (http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/) to discuss epidemiological data about your area. Identify several priority health concerns for your area.
Here is a helpful tip sheet about the
Devry NR443 week 3
Caring for Vulnerable Populations (graded)
This week, you are learning about many different vulnerable populations. Choose one vulnerable population.
- Briefly describe this vulnerable population.
- Discuss several risk factors that may impact health outcomes for this group.
- Describe two priorities for community health nurses working with this population.