EXAMINE CONTROVERSY TO RESEARCH AND ETHICS IN THE FIELD OF SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY.
Write a 5–7-page assessment in which you examine the controversy related to research and ethics in the field of social psychology.
It is essential to be able to critically analyze the research methods used in studies, in order to weigh the validity of the conclusions or recommendations.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply information literacy and research skills to locate scholarly information in the field of social psychology.
- Use valid, scholarly research resources relevant to the field of social psychology.
- Competency 4: Examine the research methods frequently used in the study of social psychology.
- Describe the impact of controversial research studies on the human participants.
- Competency 5: Examine controversial research studies in social psychology from an ethical standpoint.
- Explain how controversial research studies contributed to the development of ethical standards in the field of psychology.
- Develop evidence-based arguments for and against controversial research studies in the field of social psychology.
- Describe what controversial research studies revealed about conformity and obedience to authority.
- Competency 6: Apply critical thinking skills to resolve conflicts and issues in the field of social psychology.
- Determine whether knowledge gained justifies controversial research studies in the field of social psychology.
- Competency 7: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
- Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a psychology professional.
Use APA format and style.