DESCRIBE THE LEGAL AND ETHICAL REQUIREMENTS OF HEALTH CARE REFORM IN HEALTH CARE DELIVERY.
Please respond to following the questions in 100-250 words. Please support ALL posts with outside sources.
Describe the legal and ethical requirements of health care reform in health care delivery.
Choose one or 2 and discuss.
1) Health care program expansion
2) Health care quality
Describe what you feel to be the most important change arising from health care reform. What can an administrator do to comply with these changes? Support your statements with an external source/s.
See a list below of some beginning of life ethical issues. It is not an exhaustive list; there may be others.
- stem cell research
- fetal reduction
- fetal & maternal rights
Below is a list of end of life ethical issues. This is also not an exhaustive list; there are others to include as well. Be creative; think of others.
- physician assisted suicide
- termination of life support
- organ recovery and definitions of when death occurs
- hospice care
*Choose one and discuss.
1) Termination of life support – This raises questions of what the most ethical action is when someone can no longer function yet their life continues with the assistance of life support. Please discuss an example of this or of one below.
2) Organ recovery and definitions of death – This raises issues about the ethics of defining death and taking organs from someone who is brain dead, but has a continued heartbeat. Please discuss an example of this or the one above.