please read the details below VERY carefully. The company of my choice is SAMSUNG. The type of project I have chose is:
- A strategic analysis of all or a selected part of an organization.
- Attempt 1Available
- Attempt 2NotAvailable
- Attempt 3NotAvailable
- Toggle Drawer
Develop a 1–2-page prospectus (a streamlined proposal) for a chosen organization.Note: Developing a capstone project requires specific steps that need to be executed in a sequence. The assessments in this course are presented in sequence and must be completed in order.SHOW LESS
CAPSTONE PROJECT INTRODUCTION
Throughout your MBA program, you have worked to develop as a practitioner-scholar to meet the needs and future challenges as a business leader. Your program culminates in the capstone project, which is the focus of this course, the final course you will take in the program. The capstone project is intended to provide you the opportunity to demonstrate your MBA program outcomes by:
- Planning and executing the strategic and tactical elements of a comprehensive project.
- Integrating and demonstrating skills and techniques you have learned throughout the MBA program.
- Communicating project outcomes in written and presentation formats.
The first step in completing the capstone project is the creation of a capstone prospectus.By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply foundational knowledge and an understanding of business systems, processes, and technology within and across core disciplines.
- Provide a brief and clear description of the project including business systems, processes, and technology considerations as well as the global and cultural demographics.
- Competency 3: Think critically and analytically to provide evidence-based solutions to business challenges and opportunities.
- Identify an organization and topic in the capstone project prospectus.
- Develop a prospectus for the capstone project that summarizes how the achievement of program outcomes will be demonstrated.
- Competency 7: Communicate clearly and effectively in a business environment.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business profession.
CHECK YOUR PROGRESSUse this online tool to track your performance and progress through your course.
- Toggle Drawer
As you know, in this course you are completing a major capstone project, designed to demonstrate your mastery of all MBA program outcomes.
CAPSTONE PROJECT EXPECTATIONS
The capstone project must meet these expectations:
- The organization you choose to analyze must meet the requirements listed below under Choosing an Organization.
- The scope of effort required should be such that the project can be planned and completed in six to eight weeks.
CHOOSING AN ORGANIZATION
Before you can begin your capstone project, you will need to choose an organization on which to focus your capstone project. The audience for your project will be the key stakeholders within the organization pertaining to your project. The organization you choose must meet the following requirements:
- The organization must be real, not fictitious.
- You may choose an organization to which you have direct access for data gathering or one for which you will gather data via published sources. In either case, it must be an organization for which you can gather the data needed to complete the project.
- If need be, you may be allowed to use a disguised name for the organization in the project report, but you must disclose to the instructor the actual organization you are using as the setting for the project.
Note: You may choose nearly any company that you wish. If you choose a company that you work for, you must receive permission from a supervisor at your work place to use the company before submitting Assessment 1. In addition, you may not choose any one of the organizations listed below:
- Proctor and Gamble.
- Johnson and Johnson.
- Harley Davidson.
- Pepsi or Coke.
CAPSTONE PROJECT EXAMPLES
You will choose the type of project you will complete for your capstone. Examples of project types that meet the project requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of a strategic plan for an organization.
- A strategic analysis of all or a selected part of an organization.
- Development of a case study of all or a selected part of an organization.
- Development of an intervention, such as a workshop or training activity, that is broad-based enough to demonstrate the program-level outcomes.
- Development of a consulting report on a problematic issue within an organization, provided that the issue is broad-based enough to demonstrate program-level outcomes.
You may propose other structures for the capstone project so long as you are able to identify how the proposed project satisfies the requirement of demonstrating the program-level outcomes.
- Toggle Drawer
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.SHOW MORE
- Toggle Drawer
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
Click the links provided to view the following resources:
- Capstone Prospectus Template.
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Sloboda, B. (2003). Creating effective PowerPoint presentations. Management Quarterly, 44(1), 20–34.
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the MBA-FP6900 – Capstone Library Guide to help direct your research.
Before beginning this assessment, complete the following:
- Choose an organization for your project. The audience of your capstone project will be the key stakeholders within the organization pertaining to the project’s focus. If you have not yet chosen an organization for your project, review Choosing an Organization in the Context for the requirements for the chosen organization.
- Choose a project type. Examples of project types are listed in the Context.
- Review the Capstone Project Outline in the Course Summary. Keep the program outcomes in mind as you select an organization and project type.
For this assessment, develop a prospectus (a streamlined proposal) for your chosen organization. The prospectus is a brief, one-page overview of what your project will be. You will receive feedback on your prospectus that will reflect on the appropriateness of your project in demonstrating your program outcomes and the feasibility of the project. Complete the following in your prospectus:
- Identify your chosen organization.
- Describe your project’s objectives and scope.
- Describe how you will demonstrate all MBA program outcomes in your project.
The table provided below is a sample prospectus. A template for this table is linked in the Resources. You may use the template provided and, for your assessment, merely replace the text in the Description column with your own text. Or, if you prefer, you may prepare a document in an alternative format that addresses all of the entries shown in the table.
Element Description Target Organization R. D. Tech, Inc. Brief Project Description I will research various aspects of R. D. Tech to determine how we can become more cost effective in our processes. Access and Data Availability I am employed by R. D. Tech and have permission to gather the required data. In the actual case document, the company name will be disguised. Program Outcomes Description Apply foundational knowledge and an understanding of business systems, processes, and technology within and across core disciplines. The case study will cover all organizational components and functions, including marketing, operations, finance, and administration. It will examine the company’s upstream and downstream supply chain and the information and materials flows involved. Integrate information across disciplines and from differing perspectives. The case will examine the interrelationships among the different organizational functions in light of the challenges the company is facing. It will present the perspectives of major points of view, including the marketing, finance, and operations teams, as well as senior management. Lead and collaborate in virtual, global, and culturally diverse environments. The case will assess issues involved in the company’s investigation of overseas market prospects, including the establishment of overseas branches. Integrate principles of ethics and integrity into business decisions. The company is considering a change to its full employment policy, as dairies in its local two-state area consolidate and it considers expansion abroad. The ethical issues of changing the implied contract with employees will be examined as part of the case. Estimate expected length. My paper will be approximately 30 pages, double-spaced, not including cover page, contents, and references. It will include at least 10 references. My PowerPoint presentation will include 10–20 slides.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Use APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Number of resources: None required at this stage.
- Length of paper: 1–2 typed, double-spaced pages (not including cover page or references).
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Capstone Prospectus Scoring Guide
CRITERIA NON-PERFORMANCE BASIC PROFICIENT DISTINGUISHED Identify an organization and topic in the capstone project prospectus. Does not identify an organization and topic in the capstone project prospectus. Identifies an organization in the capstone project prospectus. Identifies an organization and topic in the capstone project prospectus. Proposes an organization and topic in the capstone project prospectus. Describe the project objectives and scope briefly and clearly. Does not provide a brief and clear explanation of the project. Provides a brief explanation of the project. Describes the project objectives and scope briefly and clearly. Describes the project objectives and scope briefly and clearly, considering business systems, processes, and technology as well as the global and cultural demographics. Does not identify how the achievement of program outcomes will be demonstrated. Identifies how the achievement of program outcomes will be demonstrated. Develops a prospectus for the capstone project that summarizes how the achievement of program outcomes will be demonstrated. Validates how the achievement of program outcomes will be demonstrated throughout the capstone project. Communicates in a manner that is not professional or consistent with expectations for members of the business profession. Communicates in a manner that is inconsistent with expectations for members of the business profession. Communicates in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business profession. Communicates in a manner that is professional, scholarly, and consistent with expectations for members of the business profession.