Project Proposal and Plan
Due date: 04-Dec-2017
Return date: 28-Dec-2017
Length: 1000-2000 words (5-6 pages)
Submission method options
Alternative submission method
WHAT TO DO:
- Follow the Study Schedule and work with the Topics (Modules) in Interact as they provide a “scaffold” for your learning in this subject.
- You are required to develop a detailed Capstone Project Proposal and Plan using project management software (as listed in the Study Schedule) and the skills you have acquired from IT Project Management to develop a project plan with a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), milestones and Gantt chart. These tools may help.
- MicrosoftProject Pro (http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/project/);
- Open source tools like GanttProject (http://www.ganttproject.biz/);
- OpenProject (https://www.openproject.org/about).
- ProjectLibre (http://www.projectlibre.org/)
- Begin using the ‘project blog‘ as a tool beyond the weekly progrees reports for your chosen emerging technology topic:
- The blog is a way to not only “think by writing” and make your notes but also store project files and links in a cloud-based service.
- Consider sharing the site with your peers as a way to tell a story and harness each others knowledge.
- The blog is ideally updated each week with 3 or 4 entries for documenting your project notes and as the foundation for editing and writing the Capstone Project Report. An ideal blog entry will have around 50-150 words (150-600 words a week).
- Group Work OPTION for Assessment Items (Not recommended for Online Study mode students): The Group Capstone Project Proposal and Plan is submitted by the team of three (3 maximum group size) for a group mark on a project proposal and plan that clearly indicates the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Role and Responsibilities of EACH member to carry an equal share of the load in the project work.