Back to Top
The objective of this project is to develop a research paper on an area of emerging technology. Approach the project as if you were recommending technology implementation initiatives to your corporation’s technology planning committee. The analysis will have two sections.
- First, examine the view that suggests that the technology you choose is a good emerging technology. Then, discuss the implications for stakeholders (implications for the corporation, such as cost/benefit analysis); integration considerations; the impact on the company’s employees; and operational concerns (i.e., increased productivity/efficiency, short-term challenges versus long-term benefits) for management, technical staff, nontechnical staff, the company’s customers and clients, and other business partners of your selected corporation.
- Second, contrast and compare the benefits of the emerging technology you chose with past successful or unsuccessful telecommunications technologies you have in place. To what extent should the corporation change its technology foundation? Include current information on how the technology works. If you believe this is the best choice for the corporation, provide your rationale. Please examine and discuss each element of this objective.
Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.
Back to Top
The analysis (your final paper) will have at least six sections (or more) and be 10–15 pages in length. It will be double-spaced, with 12-point Times New Roman font. Your paper should include the following sections and topics (where appropriate).
- Introduction: Introduce and define the technology you plan on recommending to management.
- Summary of Technology/Problem Solution: A brief summary of the technology selected and the problem it solves or process it enhances.
- Network Diagram: A network diagram of the existing network or a planned network (where appropriate). (You do not need to add wiring details or specs.)
- Application of Telecommunications and Advanced Networking Technology Theory: Apply at least five of the telecommunication technology theories learned this semester to the emerging technology issue in order to determine how each theory would address or is related to the issue or area you are covering. (Required)
- Structured Cabling Issues (where appropriate)
- LAN Integration Issues (where appropriate)
- WAN Integration Issues (where appropriate)
- Technical Specifications: Technical specifications on the technology selected
- Feasibility Study: Is it feasible? Discuss why the company should make the investment.
- Operations Plan: Include an operations plan in your paper (where appropriate).
- Other: Any other technology considerations and factors you would like to recommend.
- Conclusion: Briefly summarize what your paper discussed and the conclusion(s) you reached in the paper.