The purpose of this assignment is to be able to incorporate the data-to-wisdom continuum into the practice of professional nurse. You are required to think of a concept/issue/idea in your practice area then relate it to the four steps of the data, information, knowledge, wisdom continuum.
- Develop the concept/idea/issue you selected from your practice area into a relevant question. For example, if you are thinking of patient falls, you may think of a question such as: what factors that leads to patient falls in a nursing home?
- Describe the question you developed and then relate how you would work through the four steps of the data, information, knowledge, wisdom continuum. Be specific.
- Identify the databases and search words you would use to search for data and information about your topic.
- Relate how you would take the information gleaned and turn it into useable knowledge.
- Can informatics be used to gain wisdom?
- Describe how you would progress from simply having useful knowledge to the wisdom to make decisions about the information you have found during your database search.
- Must use at least 5 scholarly reference of which, at least 2 journal articles.
- Limit the paper to three-five pages excluding the cover page, reference and appendices pages, using APA format. Writing style is at a graduate level.