APA format 2 pages long with 3 references 2 from Walden U library MSN degree
Discussion: Cardiovascular Disorders
As the leading cause of death in the United States for both men and women, cardiovascular disorders account for 7 million hospitalizations per year (NCSL, 2012). This is the result of the extensive treatment and care that is often required for patients with cardiovascular disorders. While some disorders progress slowly, others progress rapidly and may lead to death in a matter of minutes. Therefore, it is important that you, as an advanced practice nurse, are able to quickly recognize signs and symptoms of cardiovascular disorders. As you assist physicians with the diagnosis and treatment of patients, it is essential to consider individual patient factors that might impact treatment and care.
- Review this week’s media presentations on alterations of cardiovascular function and hypertension and hyperlipidemia.
- Select one of the following alterations of cardiovascular disorders:
- Anaphylactic shock
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart murmur
- Myocardial infarction
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Venous thrombosis
- Consider the pathophysiology of the alteration you selected, as well as drugs that would be used for treatment.
- Select one of the following patient factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior. Think about how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology of the alteration and effects of prescribed drugs.
- Reflect on how to educate these patients on the alteration, treatment options, management, and self-care.
By Day 3
Post a description of the pathophysiology of the alteration you selected, as well as drugs that would be used for treatment. Then, explain how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology and effects of prescribed drugs. Finally, explain how to educate patients on the alteration, treatment options, management, and self-care.