Below are some reflection questions to help you get started. Use these questions to jump-start your thinking and to craft your educational philosophy.
- What should students expect of you as a teacher?
- What should parents expect of you as a teacher?
- What do you expect of yourself as a teacher?
- What do you believe is the most important responsibility of being a teacher?
- What values in life are most important to you as a person? As a teacher? As a parent? And as a learner?
- What method of teaching do you rely on most often?
- How do you think students learn best?
- What do you want students to learn?
- What should your students know or be able to do as a result of being in your class?
- How can your teaching facilitate student learning?
- How do you as a teacher create an engaging or enriching learning environment?
- How do you engage with colleagues?
- What type of continual learning do you engage in?