My interest is working with children/ juveniles , so I am looking at Child Abuse or something similiar.
CRIMINAL JUSTICE CAPSTONE PROJECT TOPIC PROPOSAL
- Criminal Justice Capstone Project Topic Proposal Scoring Guide.
- APA Template.
- Criminal Justice Capstone Project Overview and Outline.
- APA Style and Format.
- Community of Excellence.
- Criminal Justice Undergraduate Research Guide.
- Submit an Assignment.
- The Writing Center.
- Writing Feedback Tool.
COMPETENCIES ADDRESSED IN THIS ASSIGNMENT
- Competency 1: Apply an ethics-centered, evidence-based analysis to complex situations encountered by criminal justice practitioners.
- Competency 2: Explain the antecedents and consequences of crime in the broader context of interdisciplinary knowledge.
- Competency 3: Integrate theoretical, scientific, and practical methods in application to solve problems relevant to criminal justice.
- Competency 4: Describe effective conflict resolution techniques for culturally diverse group interactions.
- Competency 5: Assess the ethical, community-focused leadership skills required for successful criminal justice practitioners in a wide range of interactions.
- Competency 6: Employ the professional communication skills expected of a criminal justice practitioner.
Your project for this capstone course will require you to demonstrate your mastery of the program outcomes by analyzing and writing about an issue that will provide a foundation for the development of either a program or a policy proposal within your chosen specialization. To demonstrate proficiency of the program learning outcomes, you will develop your selected topic specific to each outcome. In the Criminal Justice Capstone Project, you will identify and define a problem you feel needs to be addressed within your discipline (emergency management, criminal justice, or homeland security), describe the significance of to serve as the basis for the development of a program, implementation of a new policy or change to an existing policy, and design an appropriate solution that is specific and measurable for purposes of effectiveness based on the delineated goals and objectives.
In this unit you will choose a topic for your Criminal Justice Capstone Project. You will also provide one paragraph per program learning outcome section (as listed in the Criminal Justice Capstone Project Overview and Outline document), specifically connected to your topic. Use the Criminal Justice Capstone Project Overview and Outline document to guide your paper, and use the APA Paper Template, which is already formatted using APA style guidelines.
Your topic selection should be specific, with clear parameters that will enable you to fully address each program learning outcome. You will identify direction that will enable you to make those connections by sharing preliminary approaches specific to each program learning outcome, connected to your proposed topic. Note: Use a library tool, such as RefWorks, to track your sources for the duration of your Criminal Justice Capstone Project.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 1.5–2 typed double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ASSIGNMENT
This is a two-step process.
Turnitin: All assignments must be submitted to Turnitin.
- Access Turnitin through the link in the courseroom.
- Submit your assignment using the draft folder.
- Review the returned report and make changes as needed. (You may ignore any template matches.)
- Resubmit your updated assignment using the appropriate folder.
Submit Your Assignment for Grading: See the iGuide tutorial Submit an Assignment (linked in the Resources) for more information.
- Click the linked assignment heading.
- Attach your file.
- Click submit.
- You will know your submission was successful by viewing the Submitted section of the My Grades area.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.