Patient Safety and a Culture of Safety
A shift in paradigm is occurring across the United States from volume- to value-based care. Reflect upon your organizational culture to address the following.
- Describe the culture of your organization (hospital) as it relates to patient safety.
- Identify one opportunity to improve patient safety outcomes. Propose a strategy for the implementation of this improvement initiative.
- Describe the current technology used to support patient safety. Identify the potential unintended consequences of this technology. Propose solutions to address these potential consequences.
- Describe an incident in which patient safety was or had the potential to be compromised due to an emphasis on volume-based care.
Use an APA 7 style and a minimum of 200 words. Provide support from a minimum of at least three (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source needs to be: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) Sources should be no more than five years old (published within the last 5 years), and 4) an in-text citation. citations and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply.
• Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
• Wikipedia, Wikis, .com website or blogs should not be used.