Formal Paper Resources
Formal Paper Resources
Below are helpful resources to assist you with completing the Formal Paper.
Click on each link to view.
- Dreams from Endangered Culture – With stunning photos and stories, National Geographic Explorer Wade Davis celebrates the extraordinary diversity of the world’s indigenous cultures, which are disappearing from the planet at an alarming rate.
- Photos of Endangered Cultures – Photographer Phil Borges shows rarely seen images of people from the mountains of Dharamsala, India, and the jungles of the Ecuadorean Amazon. In documenting these endangered cultures, he intends to help preserve them.
- The Danger of a Single Story – Our lives, our cultures, are composed of many overlapping stories. Novelist ChimamandaAdichie tells the story of how she found her authentic cultural voice — and warns that if we hear only a single story about another person or country, we risk a critical misunderstanding.
Theories & Models
- Cultural Competence Project
- Cultural Theories and Models
- Giger and Davidhizar
- Madeleine M. Leninger – Transcultural Nursing Culture Care Theory
- Purnell’s Model
Log in and click on the ToolKit – Resource Library tab
The Resource Library has many useful descriptions and examples of models to use for your Formal Paper.
*NOTE: Wikipedia is not a source to be used in any of the generated work; using it will result in a “zero” for the assignment.
Formal Paper (25%)
Application of the Nursing Process to Deliver Culturally Competent Care.
- Research the literature for an appropriate professional article that discusses the health care needs of your selected cultural group.
- It should include 5-7 pages within the body of the paper with 3-5 references (at least two article/book references).
- Papers must follow APA format and include title page, abstract, citations and reference pages.
- Submit the paper in the dropbox provided in Blackboard.
- View Formal Paper Rubric for grading criteria.
- APA STYLE 6 th EDITION
All the information and papers on this website are published in good faith and for research and reference purposes only. We do not allow submitting these papers as it is for academic credit.
Have any questions? Talk to us…
+1 (838) 800-2338