Physical Examination Part III
Read and watch the lecture resources & materials below early in the week to help you respond to the discussion questions and to complete your assignment(s).
(Note: The citations below are provided for your research convenience. You should always cross reference the current APA guide for correct styling of citations and references in your academic work.)
- Jarvis, C. (2020).
- Chapters 24
- Stroke: What is Your Risk? (Links to an external site.)
Elsevier. (n.d.). Stroke. Evolve: Jarvis: Physical examination & health assessment, 6th edition – Clinical reference – Health promotion guide. https://coursewareobjects.elsevier.com/objects/elr/Jarvis6e/clinicalreference_health/?ch=23
- Lower Extremities (Links to an external site.)
Elsevier. (n.d.). Lower extremities. Evolve: Jarvis: Physical examination & health assessment, 6th edition – Videos – Assessment [Video].https://coursewareobjects.elsevier.com/objects/elr/Jarvis6e/videos_assessment/?ch=22
- My stroke of insight
Jill Bolte Taylor. (2008). My stroke of insight [Video]. TED: Ideas worth spreading. https://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_my_stroke_of_insight?
Supplemental Online Materials & Resources
- Tengland, P. (2016). Behavior change or empowerment: On the ethics of health-promotion goals. Health Care Analysis, 24(1), 24-46. DOI 10.1007/s10728013-0265-0.
Behavior Change or Empowerment
- What if our healthcare system kept us healthy?
TED. (2012, June 12). Rebecca Onie: What if our healthcare system kept us healthy? [Video file]. https://youtu.be/BoRUrWcdkQ4
- Applying the Health Belief Model
Ross, H. (2014, November 9). Applying the Health Belief Model [Video file]. https://youtu.be/ekNimvMbEaA
- Theory of Planned Behavior | Queensland University Technology 2015
QUT IFB101. (2015, March 8). Theory of Planned Behaviour [Video file]. https://youtu.be/nZsxuD3gExE
- List the risk factors for cerebrovascular accidents and why?
- What cultures are at higher risk and why?
- Describe the 0 to 4+ scale for scoring deep tendon reflexes.
- What would you expect to find in a patient with diabetic peripheral neuropathy?
- Share any experience you have encountered and elaborate.
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in proper current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible.
Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.